1. Learning Objectives
After reviewing this chapter readers should better be able to:
- Introduce researchers in medicine to the nature and methods of conversation analysis;
- Describe the main dimensions of conversation analytic research in medical practice;
- Describe some of the findings of conversation analysis in the context of primary care;
- Illustrate the practice of conversation analytic reasoning using medical data; and
- Describe the integration of qualitative and quantitative analysis within conversation analysis.