1. Learning Objectives
After reviewing this chapter readers should be able to:
- Identify and classify different types of trial designs when reading a trial report;
- Understand the essential design issues of randomized clinical trials;
- Appreciate three possible sources of errors that could lead to erroneous trial results;
- Understand the basic statistical principles, concepts, and methods for clinical data analysis and reporting; and
- Understand some frequently used terms in clinical trials.