A well-functioning brain is often taken for granted. For a lot of people getting through their day, focusing on work and their personal lives, and simply just adulting can grow tedious and drain out every last drop of mental energy you have.
In come nootropics, the miracle supplements everyone and their grandmas are saying can turn your life around and help you regain your mental clarity, memory, and alertness.
But is this all hogwash? Or is there evidence to back these claims?
Our NooCube review covers one of the most popular nootropics out there, NooCube. We discuss its ingredients, benefits, side effects, and whether or not it can do what it says it does.
- NooCube is a brain boosting nootropic aimed at improving cognitive function and mental alertness.
- NooCube contains a range of research-backed natural ingredients including L-theanine, L-tyrosine, Huperzine A, Alpha GPC, oat straw, cat’s claw, and Bacopa monnieri.
- The nootropic has minimal side effects and no known interactions with medication or other supplements.
- It doesn’t contain any stimulants, additives, or GMO ingredients.
- NooCube is an affordable alternative to many other nootropics.
- The company offers a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- The supplement is manufactured in an FDA-registered facility.
- It is only available to buy online.
- NooCube supplements sold on Amazon may not be manufactured by the NooCube company and could be imitations.
- It doesn’t contain all the effective ingredients in Mind Lab Pro and Performance Lab Mind.
NooCube is a nootropic supplement that contains seven beneficial ingredients that improve brain function and mental abilities. It is stimulant and additive-free and offers a variety of research-backed benefits due to its natural, nootropic formula.
Check out NooCube nootropics here.
What Is NooCube Nootropics?
NooCube is a natural nootropic brain booster that contains a range of ingredients to boost mental performance, improve your memory, and increase your learning ability.
Nootropics are also known as cognitive enhancers and are used as dietary supplements to help you focus and feel mentally energized. Despite the supplement not being FDA approved, its ingredients are backed by extensive research into their brain-boosting abilities.
Who Makes NooCube?
NooCube is manufactured by a company based in Scotland called Wolfson Brands. The selection of NooCube products are produced in an FDA-registered facility, and neuroscientists carefully choose the ingredients for their beneficial properties.
How Does It Work?
By taking NooCube, you provide your brain with the essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals necessary for it to function at its best.
Ingredients like oat straw and Huperzine A all offer many brain-boosting effects, and some could even affect the breakdown of neurotransmitters in the brain and significantly impact your learning ability.
NooCube claims to boost brain health as its formula improves blood flow to the brain cells and has neuroprotective effects. Other features of the product include:
Enhances Cognitive Function
The seven combined nootropics all boost separate brain functions, which result in overall enhanced cognitive function. These ingredients also support brain health and result in the remainder of the features listed below.
The ingredients most responsible for improving your cognitive function include:
- Alpha GPC, which is believed to increase the concentration of the learning neurotransmitter in your brain
- Bacopa monnieri, which provides a neuroprotective effect and can help improve overall brain function
- L-theanine and L-tyrosine, both of which are amino acids beneficial in relieving stress and improving brain performance
Heightens Concentration and Focus
Improved concentration and focus often result in a feeling of mental clarity. This is especially important if you’ve been struggling with brain fog, which may not be a medical diagnosis, but affects millions of people around the world.
Some of the symptoms of brain fog include:
- Feeling distracted
The ingredients in NooCube that boost concentration include L-tyrosine, which enhances cognitive flexibility, Bacopa monnieri, which improves your memory, and Huperzine A, which enhances your learning capabilities.
Improves Memory and Learning
Part of enhanced cognitive performance is mental speed, memory, and learning, often gauged using memory tasks.
Huperzine A is claimed to be the top ingredient in NooCube for this purpose, as several studies on teenagers and Alzheimer’s patients are cited by the official website as proving its ability to boost your memory and learning capacity.
Another ingredient that is highly beneficial to memory and learning is Bacopa monnieri, which showed its most significant benefit being on memory retention.
Increases Mental Energy
One significant factor affecting your mental alertness and energy is your brain health. A well-functioning, healthy brain works better under pressure, is more alert, and has more energy than a brain where the cells are damaged.
Ingredients like Bacopa monnieri and oat straw all play an essential role in reducing inflammation, boosting the flow of blood to your brain, and increasing the overall health of your brain, which, in turn, lets you feel energized, motivated, and clear-headed.
The shining star of this feature is Bacopa monnieri. In memory tests that gauged mental speed and memory retention, adults who took Bacopa monnieri performed significantly better than the placebo group.
This, alongside other ingredients like Huperzine A and cat’s claw which clear your mind and improve your mental energy, can positively impact your ability to multitask while remaining calm and stress-free.
Besides the NooCube features that improve cognitive function test scores, enhance mental clarity, and boost cognitive performance, the supplement itself comes with a range of other benefits, including:
- Non-GMO ingredients
- No caffeine or other stimulants
- Clinically backed ingredients with FDA-approved research
- A formula designed by neuroscientists
- Minimal side effects
- A 60-day money-back guarantee
- Rigorous safety checks
- Manufactured in an FDA-registered facility
These other benefits make NooCube a unique, trusted nootropic used by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide.
Taking NooCube should not cause any significant side effects as it is made with all-natural ingredients like oat straw and Bacopa monnieri.
However, these active ingredients may elicit different reactions from person to person, with some negative effects including:
- Stomach issues
It’s important to note that none of the ingredients in NooCube are intended to diagnose, treat, cure or dispel any medical conditions or diseases. You should always consult a professional physician before using any of these supplements if you have pre-existing conditions.
The complete ingredient list of NooCube is as follows:
- Bacopa monnieri
- Alpha GPC
- Huperzine A
- Oat straw
- Cat’s claw
NooCube ingredients are all backed by scientific evidence to promote a healthy brain and improved cognitive performance.
The NooCube formula consists of amino acids like L-theanine and L-tyrosine, active ingredients like oat straw, and care has been taken to formulate NooCube with the exact dosages required for the best nootropic effect.
Each of these ingredients is discussed in detail below.
Bacopa monnieri, also known as Bacopa, Brahmi, water hyssop, and herb of grace, is a plant commonly used in Ayurvedic remedies and treatments. Bacopa extract is a common ingredient in nootropic supplements as it provides a range of benefits to your brain, including:
- Boosting your memory: A study of 76 adults who took part in memory tests showed bacopa significantly improved their memory and long-term fact retention .
- Preventing cognitive decline: By promoting new nerve growth and providing neuroprotective effects, Bacopa monnieri can avoid the cognitive decline related to brain conditions like Alzheimer’s disease and dementia .
- As an antioxidant: Besides improving memory and sleep quality, bacopa extract has also proven helpful in reducing the number of free radicals in your body and subsequently minimizing oxidative stress .
Other benefits of bacopa extract include reducing inflammation and lowering blood pressure levels.
If you’re interested in learning more about Bacopa monnieri, check out our article on nootropics for memory.
Oat straw is the name given to the hay-like grass that grows alongside green oat plants. Oat straw is usually used as a powder or in tea, but for nootropic purposes, it is usually used in the form of an extract.
Since the Middle Ages, oat straw has been used by civilizations in Europe to boost brain function and recovery from mental stress. Oat straw enhances blood flow to the brain, which can provide a range of benefits like:
- Improving cognitive performance: Studies on the ability of subjects to complete mental arithmetic proved the significant effect of oat straw on your mental performance .
- Combating cognitive impairment by boosting cerebral blood flow and oxygenation can improve mental clarity and focus .
Other benefits of oat straw include:
- Relieving stress
- Easing the symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Boosting immune function
Cat’s claw is a vine-like plant that grows in the forests of South and Central America. It got its name from the thorns growing along the vine that closely resembles a cat’s claw, and the plant has been used for decades as an immune booster.
The cat’s claw extract is derived from the bark of the vines and has been widely tested in clinical trials for benefits to the brain.
Some of the benefits of cat’s claw include:
- Boosting your immune system, which is essential for maintaining whole-body wellbeing 
- As a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that significantly decreases the free radicals in your body . Its role in combating inflammation in your brain could result in increased brain power and mental clarity.
Other benefits of cat’s claw include aiding wound healing, counteracting chronic fatigue syndrome, and positively affecting asthma or hay fever.
Alpha GPC is a chemical released from the breakdown of fatty acids in substances like soy. It is believed to act by increasing your brain’s concentration of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, often referred to as the learning neurotransmitter.
This has not only proven effective in boosting brain function, cognitive function tests and clinical trials on patients with high risk Alzheimer’s disease show Alpha GPC could prevent the progression of dementia-related to the disease .
Additional Alpha GPC benefits include:
- Increasing the release of the learning neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which could improve your memory 
- Improving blood flow to your brain and throughout your body
Huperzine A is a chemical extracted from the Chinese club moss plant that is beneficial to cognitive functioning and could improve age-related dementia, brain disease, and memory impairment.
Clinical trials have shown that using Huperzine A provides neuroprotective effects and improves the memory and learning performance of students .
Additional benefits of Huperzine A include:
- As a neuroprotective to maintain the health of brain cells and nerves in your central nervous system 
- As a cognitive enhancing treatment for Alzheimer’s disease in aging individuals 
L-theanine is an amino acid found most commonly in tea, like green tea and some mushrooms. It is believed the L-theanine amino acids work by reducing the concentration of excitatory neurotransmitters in your body, providing a calming effect, especially during high-stress situations.
Besides this, the amino acid is also an effective supplement for enhancing cognitive function and improving your mood .
Other health benefits of L-theanine include:
- Improved focus
- Better sleep
- Reduced stress
- Weight loss
When combined with caffeine, L-theanine can act as a powerful energy booster and significantly enhance weight loss. For more details, you can check out our article on nootropics for weight loss.
L-tyrosine is another amino acid that is typically produced in your body from phenylalanine.
L-tyrosine plays an essential role in your body’s enzyme production, the synthesis of thyroid hormones, and helping your body produce neurotransmitters like epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamine.
These functions mean L-tyrosine can significantly impact mental vigor and energy and could put you in a heightened mental state.
Other brain benefits of L-tyrosine include:
- Significantly boosting memory: A study observed significant improvements in the subjects who used L-tyrosine’s recall and memory retention capabilities .
- Alleviating the effects of stress 
Where Can I Buy NooCube?
NooCube is available for sale on the official website and Amazon. However, buying the supplement from the NooCube website could help you save money if you take multiple bottles.
How To Take NooCube
Taking NooCube is simple and only requires a dosage of two capsules a day.
How Long Does NooCube Take To Work?
NooCube starts improving your cognitive functioning and mental abilities as soon as it is absorbed into your bloodstream. This means it may take up to 45 minutes for you to feel an effect.
The best results, however, are usually noticed after about 12 weeks.
NooCube Customer Reviews
NooCube reviews are mostly found on the official website and Amazon. However, NooCube reviews on Amazon seem to indicate the supplements sold on the site are fakes. Review details shared poorly printed labels and inconsistent contact details on many of the bottles.
Buying directly from the website is your best option.
Pricing and Guarantee
A single bottle with one month’s supply of capsules costs $59.99 and includes free shipping.
Discounted prices are available if you buy two bottles and get the third free, all for $119.99.
NooCube offers a 60-day money-back guarantee at no additional cost to the user. Before purchasing, however, you should know that neither the brand nor the manufacturers market NooCube as a supplement to treat, cure, or prevent any medical conditions or diseases.
There are many different nootropic supplements on the market that offer similar or the same benefits as taking NooCube.
Other supplements with similar ingredients and effects include:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is a nootropic that provides benefits to various cognitive functions, earning it the label Universal Nootropic.
Some of the Mind Lab Pro benefits include:
- Mood stability
- Better stress resistance and recovery from mental stress
- Increased motivation and focus
- Improved mental energy and clarity
- Enhanced memory
Mind Lab Pro contains several similar ingredients to NooCube, although it doesn’t have cat’s claw or oat straw in its formula. At $69.00 for a month’s supply, it is slightly more expensive than NooCube, although its additional ingredients could produce a broader brain-boosting effect.
For more information, take a look at our Mind Lab Pro review.
Performance Lab Nootropics
Performance Lab Nootropics, also known as Performance Lab Mind, is a nootropic supplement containing very different ingredients than NooCube.
The formula includes maritime pine bark, tyrosine, phosphatidylserine, and citicoline and provides benefits like:
- Boosts brain power
- Improves brain health
- Increases resistance to mental stress and burnout
- Supports memory
- Enhances your cognitive functions
Compared to NooCube, Performance Lab Nootropics contains fewer ingredients and is slightly more expensive. However, the supplement contains unique ingredients which can provide benefits that NooCube doesn’t offer.
For more information, check out our Performance Lab Nootropics review.
Below are the most frequently asked questions about NooCube nootropics.
Is NooCube Safe and Effective?
Although the Food and Drug Administration does not approve NooCube, its ingredients are evidence-backed and tested for safety and effectiveness. It can provide significant benefits to your brain functioning with minimal side effects.
However, NooCube or any nootropic supplement is not even remotely a substitute for the medication and sound medical advice provided by a licensed healthcare provider.
Can You Buy Nootropics Over the Counter?
Although NooCube nootropics are only available online, they are available over the counter as they do not require a doctor’s prescription.
Other supplements may be available to buy in physical stores, although most nootropics are dietary supplements and can be purchased over the counter.
What Is the Best Cognitive Enhancer?
The best nootropic to boost cognitive abilities and improve the flow of blood to the brain is Mind Lab Pro, which is all-natural and completely stimulant-free.
Does NooCube Give You Energy?
Yes, taking NooCube can improve your mental energy levels without the use of stimulants like caffeine.
Using NooCube or another brain booster may not miraculously change your ability to remember facts or study for the better. Still, it could significantly increase your ability to focus, learn, and recall information.
With natural ingredients and a stimulant-free formula, the nootropics listed in this article can improve your brain performance with minimal side effects while helping stabilize your mood and help you find the energy to face your everyday challenges.
- Roodenrys S;Booth D;Bulzomi S;Phipps A;Micallef C;Smoker J; “Chronic Effects of BRAHMI (Bacopa Monnieri) on Human Memory.” Neuropsychopharmacology : Official Publication of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12093601/.
- R;, Saini N;Singh D;Sandhir. “Neuroprotective Effects OF Bacopa Monnieri in Experimental Model of Dementia.” Neurochemical Research, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22700087/.
- Russo A;Izzo AA;Borrelli F;Renis M;Vanella A; “Free Radical Scavenging Capacity and Protective Effect OF Bacopa MONNIERA L. on DNA Damage.” Phytotherapy Research : PTR, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/13680815/.
- M;, Dimpfel W;Storni C;Verbruggen. “Ingested Oat HERB EXTRACT (Avena Sativa) Changes Eeg Spectral Frequencies in Healthy Subjects.” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (New York, N.Y.), U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21563962/.
- Wong, Rachel H X, et al. “Chronic Effects of a Wild Green Oat Extract Supplementation on Cognitive Performance in Older Adults: A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Trial.” Nutrients, MDPI, May 2012, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3367260/.
- “Cat’s Claw.” National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31643645/.
- Sandoval M;Okuhama NN;Zhang XJ;Condezo LA;Lao J;Angeles’ FM;Musah RA;Bobrowski P;Miller MJ; “Anti-Inflammatory and Antioxidant Activities of Cat’s Claw (Uncaria Tomentosa AND UNCARIA GUIANENSIS) Are Independent of THEIR Alkaloid Content.” Phytomedicine : International Journal of Phytotherapy and Phytopharmacology, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12120814/.
- Gavrilova SI;Kolykhalov IV;Ponomareva EV;Fedorova YB;Selezneva ND; “[Clinical Efficacy and Safety of Choline Alfoscerate in the Treatment of Late-Onset Cognitive Impairment].” Zhurnal Nevrologii i Psikhiatrii Imeni S.S. Korsakova, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29927403/.
- Lopez CM;Govoni S;Battaini F;Bergamaschi S;Longoni A;Giaroni C;Trabucchi M; “Effect of a New Cognition Enhancer, Alpha-Glycerylphosphorylcholine, on Scopolamine-Induced Amnesia and Brain Acetylcholine.” Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1662399/.
- Sun QQ;Xu SS;Pan JL;Guo HM;Cao WQ; “Huperzine-A Capsules Enhance Memory and Learning Performance in 34 Pairs of Matched Adolescent Students.” Zhongguo Yao Li Xue Bao = Acta Pharmacologica Sinica, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10678121/.
- Damar U;Gersner R;Johnstone JT;Schachter S;Rotenberg A; “Huperzine a as a Neuroprotective and Antiepileptic Drug: A Review of Preclinical Research.” Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27086593/.
- PS;, Little JT;Walsh S;Aisen. “An Update on Huperzine a as a Treatment for Alzheimer’s Disease.” Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18230054/.
- Williams JL;Everett JM;D’Cunha NM;Sergi D;Georgousopoulou EN;Keegan RJ;McKune AJ;Mellor DD;Anstice N;Naumovski N; “The Effects of Green Tea Amino Acid l-Theanine Consumption on the Ability to Manage Stress and Anxiety Levels: A Systematic Review.” Plant Foods for Human Nutrition (Dordrecht, Netherlands), U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31758301/.
- Colzato LS;Steenbergen L;Sellaro R;Stock AK;Arning L;Beste C; “Effects of l-Tyrosine on Working Memory and Inhibitory Control Are Determined by drd2 Genotypes: A Randomized Controlled Trial.” Cortex; a Journal Devoted to the Study of the Nervous System and Behavior, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27403851/.
- Young, Simon N. “L-Tyrosine to Alleviate the Effects of Stress?” Journal of Psychiatry & Neuroscience : JPN, U.S. National Library of Medicine, May 2007, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1863555/.