- All-natural ingredients
- Stimulant and caffeine-free
- No artificial additives
- Can boost cognitive function and mental energy
- Prebiotic capsules
- It can be stacked with other Performance Lab products
- May cause mild side effects
- Only a 30-day money-back guarantee is available minus shipping costs
- It only contains four nootropic ingredients
Performance Lab Mind is a nootropic supplement that offers a range of cognitive-enhancing benefits like boosting mental clarity, dissipating brain fog, and improving memory and learning ability.
It is formulated with natural ingredients, has no artificial additives, and only causes occasional, mild side effects.
This Performance Mind Lab review covers its ingredients, benefits, and alternatives in detail.
Check out Performance Lab Mind here.
What Is Performance Lab Mind Nootropics?
Performance Lab Mind is a nootropic supplement that enhances your brain function, promotes long-term brain health, and boosts the processes that help your brain recover mental exertion.
The supplement is one of the best nootropics out there and each ingredient is specifically formulated and chosen to provide the most benefit to your overall and brain health.
Who Manufacturers Performance Lab Mind Nootropics?
Performance Lab is the brand name given to various supplements manufactured by a company called Opti Nutra Advanced Nutraceuticals. Opti Nutra is responsible for producing its Mind nootropic supplement, as well as a variety of other Performance Lab products and supplements that can enhance the function of the nootropic.
Where Is Performance Lab Made?
Performance Lab products are manufactured in the United Kingdom by a company called Opti-Nutra.
Performance Lab Mind Ingredients
Performance Lab Mind contains four ingredients:
- Maritime pine bark
The Performance Lab Mind formula includes four nootropic ingredients chosen for brain health support and boosting mental capabilities.
Their purposes as part of the Performance Lab Mind blend are reviewed below.
Maritime Pine Bark Extract
Maritime pine bark extract is taken from the Pinus pinaster pine trees of the Mediterranean.
Maritime pine bark extract is a nootropic supplement that contains a range of chemicals and vitamins that are beneficial to your overall health, immune system, and brain function. Some of its primary benefits include:
- Neuroprotection: Maritime pine bark extract can help reduce oxidative stress that is damaging to your brain cells . It can remove harmful free radicals from your body and boost your overall health by acting as a powerful antioxidant.
- Boosting cognitive performance: Alongside neuroprotection, maritime pine bark extract can also help improve your mental performance and learning ability .
- Promotes healthy aging: With a range of cardiovascular and neuronal benefits, like promoting the dilation of your small blood vessels, maritime pine bark could help promote healthy aging by boosting spatial memory while ameliorating conditions that may affect your health .
- High in antioxidants: There is evidence that maritime pine bark extract can boost your body’s nitric oxide levels alongside other antioxidants .
- May boost sexual function in men: As studies show the extract combined with roburins and amino acids could improve erectile dysfunction .
Sharp-PS Green (Phosphatidylserine)
Phosphatidylserine is a phospholipid, or fatty compound, that forms part of your brain cell membranes and is important for brain cell membrane formation.
Using phosphatidylserine can provide a range of benefits such as:
- Possibly promoting nerve growth factor to boost nerve transport between your brain cells .
- Although phosphatidylserine is very important to synthesize brain cell membranes, nearly all cells have the compound in their membranes. This means phosphatidylserine could boost the health of all bodily cells.
- As part of its role in the growth of brain cells, phosphatidylserine could boost brain development and mental function.
- It could boost cognitive function by improving your body’s antioxidant activity .
- It could help activate your immune system to remove damaged brain cells.
Cognizin, or citicoline, is a naturally occurring compound widely used to treat memory loss, vision errors and help people manage the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease, bipolar disorder, and other effects of cognitive decline.
Its benefits include:
- Neuroprotection: Citicoline is used by brain cells to synthesize the membranes of your brain cells, which encourages brain cell regeneration and could boost cognitive performance.
- As a possible treatment for traumatic brain injury: Citicoline is highly beneficial for people suffering from brain disorders or injuries due to its neuroprotective and regenerative effects .
- Boosting brain cell metabolism: Citicoline could help raise your brain energy levels by boosting the metabolism of your brain cells .
- Supports blood flow to your brain to boost oxygen concentrations for brain cell metabolism
Overall, this nootropic supplement not only boosts your cognitive function but could improve memory retention and learning abilities.
Tyrosine is a nonessential amino acid that is produced from another amino acid called phenylalanine. It is one of the only nootropics that can cross the blood-brain barrier .
In the body and brain, L-tyrosine offers a range of benefits, including:
- Boosting the production of thyroid hormones: Thyroid hormones are essential for brain development and maturation, so boosting the concentration of thyroid hormones in your body through using tyrosine could help enhance brain function, mental performance, and memory retention .
- Neuroprotection: Tyrosine can help prevent cognitive decline while also protecting the brain cells responsible for boosting memory and information processing speed .
- Could relieve stress: L-tyrosine could help alleviate the effects of stress by inhibiting the increase in the concentration of the stress hormone cortisol. This could also help you counter the effects of sleep deprivation caused by stress and mental exertion .
- Serves as a raw material for the production of neurotransmitters and brain chemicals.
- Could help ease the symptoms of depression: Using L-tyrosine can help boost your mood while simultaneously easing the symptoms of depression 
How Does Performance Lab Mind Work?
Performance Lab Mind is a nootropic supplement which means its ingredients act as cognitive enhancers that boost brain function and promote the overall health of the human body.
Taking Performance Lab Mind offers an extensive range of benefits, including:
Citicoline could help boost your body’s dopamine levels . Dopamine is one of several brain chemicals that help elevate energy levels and improve your concentration and focus. Alongside the other ingredients in Performance Lab Mind, the nootropic can help increase your brain energy by boosting brain metabolism and brainpower.
Citicoline could also improve acetylcholine production, promoting your brain’s focus while dissipating brain fog .
Performance Lab Mind delivers an excellent supplement to support focus, concentration, and motivation by boosting cerebral blood flow and stabilizing your cells’ energy production .
All of these benefits help support your ability to focus on your mental tasks and work.
Boosts Blood Flow
Long-term brain health depends heavily on your cerebral blood flow. Citicoline is an excellent supplement to improve blood flow and help boost your overall brain health.
Proper blood flow in your body, nonetheless your brain, is vital to staying healthy and promoting mental clarity. Healthy, robust blood flow helps provide your body and brain with oxygen, which encourages clear thinking and reduces the feeling of brain fog.
Promotes Mental Performance
Not only does Performance Lab Mind boost your overall brain health and brain energy, but it could enhance your mental health by helping you focus and keeping you motivated.
Phosphatidylserine effectively boosts mental energy, offering benefits like memory, learning, problem-solving, and quick recall.
Tyrosine could also help increase your levels of epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamine, which could help improve your mood and mental performance.
Supports Healthy Neuro Structure
Nearly all the ingredients in Performance Lab Mind help boost brain health and brain structure which is vital for neural regeneration and maintaining overall brain function.
Citicoline can help stabilize and promote the health of the membranes of your brain cells while boosting levels of brain cell formation. By supporting neuroprotection and regeneration, citicoline can positively influence your cognitive functions.
Phosphatidylserine can also help enhance your brain structure by supporting neural repair and the maintenance of brain cells.
Maritime pine bark extract can also help promote brain cell regeneration to enhance your brain’s long-term health and flexibility.
Your body’s reaction to stress can heavily influence clear thought, focus, and mental performance. L-tyrosine and the additional ingredients in Performance Lab Mind can help reduce your body’s production of cortisol, the stress hormone, while also restoring brain chemicals to help you recover from extreme mental exertion.
How To Take Performance Lab Mind Nootropics
Performance Lab Mind dosage varies according to your tolerance for the supplement. It’s recommended you start with one capsule a day, then up your dosage to two if you feel comfortable with it.
Although it’s not officially required, taking the capsules with or after a meal could help reduce some of the side effects.
Can I Stack Performance Lab Supplements?
Performance Lab Mind works very well on its own, but stacking it with other Performance Lab products could enhance its effects while providing additional benefits.
Stacking nootropics refers to using a range of different nootropic supplements together, and in the case of Performance Lab, some of the best products to use alongside the Mind range are:
- Performance Lab Stim: This stimulant supplement contains caffeine, B-vitamins, L-theanine, and additional L-tyrosine. It helps boost your brain function to peak performance while providing a more relaxed, less jittery form of energy.
- Performance Lab Energy: Boosts energy naturally and can help your brain reach peak performance without the use of stimulants.
- Performance Lab Multivitamin: Performance Lab Multi comes in two versions, one for men and one for women, and contains a range of essential daily vitamins and minerals, which could help enhance the effects of the nootropic supplement if taken regularly.
Is Performance Lab Mind Safe?
The Performance Lab Mind formula contains all natural, research-backed nootropic ingredients like maritime pine bark and citicoline. These ingredients are tried and tested brain performance boosters.
The formula does not contain any stimulants or synthetic additives like allergens, soy, and gluten, making it statistically safe to use.
Before using any dietary supplement, you should consult a qualified medical professional. Performance Lab Mind is an all-natural formula that only causes mild side effects like:
- Stomach ache
Is Performance Lab Nootropics Effective?
Performance Lab Mind has not been tested independently as a supplement. However, all the ingredients in the formula are proven to boost brain health, cognitive function, and working memory.
The benefits of using Performance Lab Nootropics are described below.
Performance Lab Nootropics offers a range of benefits attributed to the supplement’s ingredients and the supplement itself, including:
Performance Lab Mind Formula Benefits
The ingredients in the nootropic supplement can provide the following benefits:
- Increasing mental clarity and mental energy
- Boosting brain energy and power
- Helps dissipate brain fog
- Enhances cognitive functions
- Improves cerebral blood flow and the health of your blood vessels
- Protecting or regenerating your brain cells
Performance Lab Mind Overall Benefits
Not only is Performance Lab Mind an excellent nootropic supplement, but it could offer other, alternative benefits not related to its ingredients, including:
- The small capsule size makes the supplement easier to use and swallow
- It’s vegan-friendly and contains no animal-based additives or ingredients
- It is caffeine and stimulant-free
- The capsules are made of prebiotic nutricaps
- It’s free from soy, egg, fish, shellfish, dairy, peanuts, wheat, tree nuts, and other allergens
- The supplement is GMO-free
Should I Buy Performance Lab Mind Nootropics?
After reading this Performance Lab Mind review, you may be interested in purchasing the supplement. If you are suffering from mental fatigue, cognitive decline, or want to maintain your brain health, Performance Lab Mind can be the perfect supplement to help you get back to feeling like yourself.
Pricing and Guarantee
There is a range of pricing options for Performance Lab Mind depending on the number of bottles you buy:
- One month supply: $69.00
- Two month supply: $138.00
- Three month supply: $207.00
Performance Lab often runs a special where you can get an additional bottle for free if you buy a three-month supply.
The brand offers a 30-day money-back guarantee minus any shipping costs.
Performance Lab Alternatives
There are a couple of alternatives to Performance Lab Nootropics, which are reviewed below.
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro shares many similar ingredients with Performance Lab Mind, which isn’t surprising as the same company, Opti Nutra, manufactures both nootropics. It also works to improve brain health and cognitive performance while its additional ingredients help with boosting brain energy.
Cost: $69.00 for a month’s supply
Dosage: Two capsules a day
Ingredients: 11 nootropic ingredients
- 11 nootropic or beneficial ingredients
- It’s affordable and readily available online
- Preservative, synthetic additive, allergen, gluten, and caffeine-free
- You can’t buy it in physical stores
Mind Lab Pro is known as a Universal Nootropic, which means it benefits more than one brain or body function. Alongside its mental performance-boosting properties, it could protect against oxidative stress and cognitive decline caused by aging.
If you’re interested in the supplement, you can find more information about the supplement in our Mind Lab Pro review.
NooCube is a nootropic supplement with several unique ingredients beneficial to your brain health and information processing speed. It starts working as soon as 30 minutes after taking your first dose, all without the use of stimulants like caffeine that could make you jittery.
Cost: $59.99 for a month’s supply
Dosage: Two to four capsules a day
Ingredients: Seven nootropic and beneficial ingredients
- Unique, research-backed ingredients
- Mild to no side effects
- No known interactions with other drugs
- Refunds are only available for unopened bottles
The ingredients in NooCube may also help reduce mental fatigue while helping improve your learning abilities. However, NooCube contains a smaller range of components than Mind Lab Pro and requires taking four capsules a day, unlike Performance Lab Mind.
If you’re interested in the supplement, you can find more information in our NooCube review.
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions about Performance Lab and its Nootropic product.
Is Performance Lab a Reputable Company?
Yes. All reviews and online indicators seem to point out that Performance Lab is a reputable, trustworthy company.
Performance Lab is a nutritional supplement company run out of the United Kingdom by Opti-Nutra. The manufacturing company is responsible not only for Performance Lab products but also the Mind Lab Pro nootropic supplement, which is widely available.
Are Nootropics Drugs?
Yes, nootropics are drugs that boost brain functions by improving focus and mental performance. However, most nootropics in dietary supplements are natural and safe.
A nootropic enhances cognitive function but typically only causes mild side effects and shouldn’t have any dangerous interactions with other medication.
What Is the Best Brain Enhancing Drug?
Many drugs can boost brain functions. However, Performance Lab Mind is one of the best options as it is affordable, research-backed, and highly effective in its scope of action.
Whether you are trying to combat cognitive decline, boost your memory, or enhance your mental performance, Performance Lab Mind can help you improve your mental health and overall brain health.
Even if it is not a miracle drug, the nootropic could help you get back your mental energy, motivation, and confidence, whether that’s at work, school, or while you’re playing sports.
- P;, Rohdewald. “A Review of the French Maritime Pine Bark Extract (Pycnogenol), a Herbal Medication with a Diverse CLINICAL Pharmacology.” International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11996210/.
- Belcaro G;Dugall M;Ippolito E;Hu S;Saggino A;Feragalli B; “The COFU3 STUDY. Improvement in Cognitive Function, Attention, Mental Performance With PYCNOGENOL® in Healthy Subjects (55-70) with High Oxidative Stress.” Journal of Neurosurgical Sciences, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26635191/.
- Simpson, Tamara, et al. “Assessing the Efficacy and Mechanisms of Pycnogenol® on Cognitive Aging from in Vitro Animal and Human Studies.” Frontiers in Pharmacology, Frontiers Media S.A., 3 July 2019, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6619435/.
- Nishioka K;Hidaka T;Nakamura S;Umemura T;Jitsuiki D;Soga J;Goto C;Chayama K;Yoshizumi M;Higashi Y; “Pycnogenol, French Maritime Pine BARK Extract, Augments Endothelium-Dependent Vasodilation in Humans.” Hypertension Research : Official Journal of the Japanese Society of Hypertension, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18037769/.
- P;, Stanislavov R;Rohdewald. “Improvement of Erectile Function by a Combination of French Maritime Pine Bark and ROBURINS with Aminoacids.” Minerva Urologica e Nefrologica = The Italian Journal of Urology and Nephrology, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25664962/.
- Naftelberg, Shiran, et al. “Phosphatidylserine Ameliorates Neurodegenerative Symptoms and Enhances Axonal Transport in a Mouse Model of FAMILIAL DYSAUTONOMIA.” PLoS Genetics, Public Library of Science, 20 Dec. 2016, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5172536/.
- Chaung HC;Chang CD;Chen PH;Chang CJ;Liu SH;Chen CC; “Docosahexaenoic Acid and Phosphatidylserine Improves the Antioxidant Activities in Vitro and in Vivo and Cognitive Functions of the Developing Brain.” Food Chemistry, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23265497/.
- Zafonte RD;Bagiella E;Ansel BM;Novack TA;Friedewald WT;Hesdorffer DC;Timmons SD;Jallo J;Eisenberg H;Hart T;Ricker JH;Diaz-Arrastia R;Merchant RE;Temkin NR;Melton S;Dikmen SS; “Effect of Citicoline on Functional and Cognitive Status among Patients with Traumatic Brain Injury: Citicoline Brain Injury Treatment TRIAL (COBRIT).” JAMA, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23168823/.
- Silveri MM;Dikan J;Ross AJ;Jensen JE;Kamiya T;Kawada Y;Renshaw PF;Yurgelun-Todd DA; “Citicoline Enhances Frontal Lobe BIOENERGETICS as Measured by PHOSPHORUS Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy.” NMR in Biomedicine, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18816480/.
- Wiesel FA;Blomqvist G;Halldin C;Sjögren I;Bjerkenstedt L;Venizelos N;Hagenfeldt L; “The Transport of TYROSINE into the Human Brain as Determined with L-[1-11c]Tyrosine and Pet.” Journal of Nuclear Medicine : Official Publication, Society of Nuclear Medicine, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1941137/.
- J;, Bernal. “Thyroid Hormones and Brain Development.” Vitamins and Hormones, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16112266/.
- Deb I;Manhas N;Poddar R;Rajagopal S;Allan AM;Lombroso PJ;Rosenberg GA;Candelario-Jalil E;Paul S; “Neuroprotective Role of a Brain-Enriched TYROSINE Phosphatase, Step, in Focal Cerebral Ischemia.” The Journal of Neuroscience : the Official Journal of the Society for Neuroscience, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24198371/.
- Young, Simon N. “L-Tyrosine to Alleviate the Effects of Stress?” Journal of Psychiatry & Neuroscience : JPN, U.S. National Library of Medicine, May 2007, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1863555/.
- Alan J. Gelenberg, Candace J. Gibson. “Tyrosine for the Treatment of Depression – Alan J. GELENBERG, CANDACE J. GIBSON, 1984.” SAGE Journals, journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/026010618400300305.
- Wignall, Nicholas D, and E Sherwood Brown. “Citicoline in Addictive Disorders: A Review of the Literature.” The American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, U.S. National Library of Medicine, July 2014, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4139283/.
- Kim JH;Choi BY;Kho AR;Lee SH;Jeong JH;Hong DK;Lee SH;Sohn M;Ryu OH;Choi MG;Suh SW; “Acetylcholine Precursor, Citicoline (CYTIDINE 5′-Diphosphocholine), REDUCES Hypoglycaemia-Induced Neuronal Death in Rats.” Journal of Neuroendocrinology, U.S. National Library of Medicine, pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29247563/#:~:text=The%20administration%20of%20citicoline%20serves,in%20a%20multicentre%20clinical%20trial.
- Martynov, Mikhail Yu, and Eugeny I Gusev. “Current Knowledge on the Neuroprotective and Neuroregenerative Properties of Citicoline in Acute Ischemic Stroke.” Journal of Experimental Pharmacology, Dove Medical Press, 1 Oct. 2015, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4863531/.